THE CHURCH OF SCOTLAND
Situated at 121
George Street are the central offices of The Church of
The Scandinavian-influenced designed buildings, built from
1909 – 1911, are the work of Scottish architect Sydney
Mitchell (1856 – 1930)
Known informally by its Scots language name, The Kirk, The
Church of Scotland is a Presbyterian church.
Having grown out of the Scottish Reformation - the formal
break with the Papacy of 1560 – the church traces its
roots back to the beginnings of Christianity in Scotland.