Part of Scottish neo-classical architect Robert
Adam’s (1728 – 1792) vision for Edinburgh’s
New Town, the Georgian House dates from 1796.
The first owner, John Lamont, 18th Chief of the Clan Lamont,
lived here with his family until 1815.
Now open to the public, the Georgian House's
extensive collections of china, silver, art and furniture all
reflect the domestic surroundings and social conditions of
the Georgian period.